Icelandic Bind Off
Today we have a very dear and favourite of mine: the Icelandic Bind Off. This was one of the very first bind-off techniques I learned when I started knitting, and I really love the finishing it provides, slightly elastic and rounded. Let's dive in!
1.Knit one stitch.
2. Slip it back to left-hand needle purlwise, without twisting it.
3. Go into te first stitch (the one you just slipped back to the left-hand needle) purlwise and then go into the next stitch knitwise.
4. Wrap the yarn around the needle for a regular knit stitch (counter-clockwise).
5. And pull it through both stitches, knitting them together.
6. You bound off one stitch.
7. Repeat Steps 1 to 6 until all stitches have been bound off.
8. Cut your yarn and pass the tail throught the loop of the last stitch.
9. Pull to close. And that's it! You bound off all your stitches using the Icelandic Bind Off technique.
Are you familiar with the Icelandic Bind Off? Let me know in the comments below. See you on the next tutorial xxx